9/25/2015

Jay called the meeting to order at 6:40 p.m.

Mindi reported that the club had $8016.50 in checking, $6377.64 in savings and $1163.00 in cash.

Jay set the practice dates with NPHS and will begin November 5, 2015 for the Elite club and January 5, 2016 for the regular club. Times for practices were reserved for 6:30-8:00 p.m. for the Elite until January and then will be 6:30-7:30 p.m. for the regular members and 7:30-9:00 p.m. for the Elite members.

New board members were discussed, at least 3 are needed to replace outgoing members.  It was decided that several individuals will be contacted to determine if they are interested in serving on the board. They are Tad Haneborg, Shalea Erdman, Rob Pitner, Nolan Clouse, Brett Geisler and Michael Putnam.

Sign-ups for the 2015-2016 season will be held October 4th and 18th from 1-4 p.m. at the Sports Shoppe.

In open discussion the topic was the upcoming coaching change for the 2016-2017 season. Current assistant coaches, Braden, Bobby and Rory, will be discussed at a later date as possible replacements for John.

Jay adjourned the meeting at 7:30 p.m.

12/21/15
The meeting was called to order by Jay Jones December 21, 2015 at 6:15 p.m. The members in attendance were Jay, Anthony, Mindi, Larry, Shalea, Troy, Brett, Tad, Rob, Coach John and Coach Rory.

Mindi reported that the club currently has a checking account balance of $10,723.50; savings account $6,378.44 and cash $800.00. There are a few outstanding checks at this time. The Go Daddy account is due, following some discussion about the need for the account, John moved and Jay seconded to pay the amount due of $179.00. A check that was issued to Chopper for graphic design was lost, the board decided to write another check for the $180.00 that we owe him.

This year’s club tournament will be held January 24, 2016. Several areas need preparation before tournament time. Rob will contact Jeremy Condon about EMTs, Cody and Troy will handle food and drinks, John will order the mat tape, Larry will prepare the parent donation forms adding candy bars to the list, Jay will contact one or two youth ball clubs to run concessions, Mindi has made necessary changes to the tournament flyer to this year, Larry will add the tournament to Huskerland and USA event lists, Jay has contacted Connor Mathews about running the tournament through track wrestling, Coach Hall has agreed to provide referees from his high school team. Weigh in will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. with wrestling to begin at 10:00 a.m. Anthony will contact the radio station for a CD and Shalea will find a singer for the national anthem.

Jay reported that trophies and medals have been ordered. The team trophies will be 3 foot high like last year.

Elite shirts and shorts are on order.

Open discussion:

     John brought up that, with his departure following this season, some sort of fund needs to be set up to pay for coach’s expenses to attend tournaments. Most of the new coaches are young and do not have children in the club at this time. A fund raiser was suggested and discussed. Tad will be in charge of getting the items and tickets as soon as possible. Each club member will be responsible for selling a minimum amount of tickets with the ending date being March 1, 2016. Rob, Tad and John will meet to form coaches fund guidelines. 

Jay is working on assembling a dual team for a January 16, 2016.

Club t-shirts for this year were discussed, it was decided that Shalea would check prices locally and Rob would check with the company that provided uniforms for the Western Nebraska Wrestling League.

The question was raised about the possibility of future club signups being done on line, either through our web site or with Track Wrestling. Rob will talk to Mario with WNWL and the Gering club to see how they handle theirs.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.